Thursday, November 01, 2007

Had the funnest (as the kids used to say) Halloween in years. Got up to New Egypt about 9:30 to find Jen and adorable little Tristan in his pirate's costume. What a precious 3-month-old! He's now smiling and grinning, cooing and gurgling, and is such a little doll baby.
Joel and Jen have been looking at houses and Jen drove me to see several of them. All are nice, so I hope they can get any one. They prefer to stay in this attractive little town, so are looking mostly around there.
Jen asked if I had seen the renovations inside Alison's. I hadn't and, as Jen has a key, she took me over. Will this be nice! The powder room was removed to make a dining area (with a pass-through from the kitchen) and a double window has been added. It's going to be wonderful once it's finished. We also saw Alison's new chandelier, still in the box. Wow, this is spectacular! It's very large and is made of "antlers." It'll look great and I think will be the focal point of the room.
After, we went to the school to view the big Halloween parade. (This is called the primary school, but actually covers only pre-school, kindergarten, first, and second grades.) Joel was Spiderman and there must have been at least two Spidermen in every grade. Since they wore masks, and they all seemed to be about the same size, we took pictures of all of them. Joel's class finally came by and we called and waved to him. We saw him talking to a little girl behind him and pointing out his little brother.
Had lunch at a new bagel/salad/sandwich place on Main Street. I ordered Caesar salad--what else?--and, mysteriously, it came made with spring mix, some kind of thin cheese, and dressing on the side. (It's incredible how many places don't know how to make Caesar salad!) However, I was hungry and whatever it was was pretty good, so I ate it without protest.
We went back to the apartment and Jen stayed with angel baby while I took Joely to the playground nearby. Left about 3:30 and got in just as Pat did.
A neat day and what's even better is that I'm going up again on Saturday to help Alison baby-sit. We'll probably attend Joely's last soccer game, too.
Got an e-mail from Joan H., detailing Dan's and her move to Costa Rica. Am not sure if this is a permanent, year-round thing, or not. Will write her to ask.
Was pleased to hear from Leslie that she has started a blog. Here's the address: http:nonnasworld923.blogspot.com/. (Hmm...not sure why that didn't come up as clickable.) I read it and added a comment--welcome, Les! That dear friend also invited me to join Dennis and her for a play on December 7 at Surflight Theatre, and I was pleased to accept.
Talked to Alison--I told her how much I loved the chandelier--and we decided I would have Thanksgiving, as her addition probably won't be finished. Hope the New Egypt contingent can come, and will invite Mike's brothers, too.
Lunch today with former Rider colleague, Mary Jane H. Decided to skip Weight Watchers--no, I'm not worried that I gained--but WW and where I'm meeting her are right next to each other. Don't feel like driving to Manahawkin at 9:30, getting home at 11:00, then going back an hour later. Will either wait until next week or attend another day.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Sounds like a good day you had my friend.
Your comment on Leslie's blog is not there. Did you type in the code they asked for?

You forgot the // after the http: when you typed her blog address...that's why it wasn't clickable. I often do the same thing.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...