Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Saw "Why Did I Get Married?" with Leslie yesterday, and loved it! It wasn't at all what I expected and--aside from Janet Jackson--I had never heard of any of the actors. They're all African-American, but their situation, problems, and personae were universal. The "message" (which I surely would have disliked if it were blatant) was vaguely Christian, but very subtle. It's a serious movie, but hysterically funny in spots and--to me--absolutely absorbing. It's also emotional, so take plenty of tissues; Les and I both needed them at several places.
Aside from that, ain't nuthin' new. Took Pat to the podiatrist and that went well.
Must cut this short, as I'm leaving for New Egypt soon to see Joely's school Halloween parade and hang out with Jen and Tristan. Can't wait to hold the little 3-month-old, as I understand he smiles now. Just love a toothless grin...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will find this hard to believe but I saw my first theatre movie-Elizabeth-in many years last weekend with Suzanne when I was up in Lancaster.
The cinematography was magnificant and on the wide screen and sitting in the new seats that have high backs that move when you change your body position--which of course I did many times--made it even more enjoyable for me. Bob does not like to go to theatre--waits until he sees it on tv. Oh, well, that's his choice. Have been keeping up on your goings on in this blog.
Happy Halloween from your DE friend.

Mimi said...

Thanks for the comment, Lynn. Would love to see "Elizabeth," too. Happy Halloween right back to you!

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...