Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another quiet day--but somehow satisfying. While the cleaners were here, Pat sat in his car and I loaded up mine with some of the crap...uh, junk...uh, priceless artifacts from the garage, preparing to drop it off at the thrift store. Susan came over to give me a container of shrimp--Acme had buy one, get two--and I went to the supermarket, also.
It rained steadily, which is good news because I didn't have to water the mums and daisies. Caught up on washing, doing darks and lights; will wash whites today.
Barbara D. called to ask if she could use my name as a reference for her soon-to-be volunteer work for the library; she'll deliver books to shut-ins. Of course, I said she could and also, that I'm interested in doing the same. She gave me the name and number to call and I did, leaving a message. This is something I'd love to do, as it combines my enjoyment of reading with my pleasure in meeting new people. Am anxious to hear back.
I made applesauce to accompany the ham steak, scalloped potatoes, and peas I gave Pat for dinner. I had a very small piece of the ham plus broccoli and butternut squash
Absolutely nothing planned this week except a haircut on Tuesday, a peace vigil on Wednesday, and a community meeting on Thursday. That's okay, considering I want to go to Manahawkin and get some new turtlenecks. I gave all my old ones away--too big!

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...