Sunday, October 21, 2007

Big news: I actually did what I intended to do yesterday. Zipped up to Manahawkin to leave my garage gleanings off at the SOCH (Southern Ocean Community Hospital) thrift store and picked up a few items at Shop-Rite. I then went to Kohl's and bought--tah dah!--two turtlenecks, one red, one black, in size large. Now, size large might sound--well, large--but these came from the junior section--double tah dah! What's more, I tried on a pair of jeans in a 16 petite. Of course, I had bought a pair of capris in 16 petite a few months ago, but they have a drawstring waist and these have one of those metal "buttons" at the waist. I could just barely get it in the hole--it was tight, all right--but the pants have slim legs and they looked great! I didn't buy them, though; thought I'd wait for jeans until they can close easily, but I may go back and get them today. I'm mulling it over.
Made Pat meatloaf for dinner and--other than the enthralling adventure recounted above--had a domestic day.
One note: In the Acme parking lot, I saw a car with this on the back window: "In Memory of Our Grandson, Brian Smith, 2/11/83-5/16/04." This is a transparency you can have made up to put on the window. It seemed bizarre, but if it helps people to "deal," as they say, with a tragedy, why not?

2 comments:

EBJ said...

Great news,Arty! I am using you as an example for staying with it. I have really changed my eating since I came back. No more, ice cream, full fat food and I have been walking almost everyday.
I don't even go near the junior department.

Mimi said...

Good for you, Bobbie! You did it before and you'll do it again!

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...