Saturday, October 27, 2007

Talk about your lazy days: I woke up yesterday, glanced at the clock--and saw it was 7:20! Can't believe I slept that late. Dressed, got the morning chores done, then went over to Susan's to explain (or "'splain," as Ricky Ricardo used to say--now, why did that pop into my head?). S. said she had knocked very lightly on my door, but saw no signs of activity, so figured I had, indeed, overslept. She said she would have come over at 10:00 if she hadn't heard from me just to be sure all was okay.
Rest of day more or less followed the "lay low, do little" pattern. I had planned to run up to Santori's, then to the mall, but it rained all day and I decided to skip it. Aside from household chores and a quick run to Tucker Tom's for broccoli, spaghetti squash, tomatoes, and potatoes, I didn't do a lot. Even lay down for a short nap while Pat was at the bay.
Enjoyed phone talks with Pat's brother, Bill, and my sis, Betty, as well as Alison, calling on their way to their hike. (In the driving rain? Well, sure, they go no matter what.) Got e-mails from Leslie, brother Jim, and a few others. Aside from those enjoyable contacts, nada in the social arena.
It would drive me crazy to laze around as I did very often, but once in a while is okay. As for our morning walk: Susan called last night to say she has early appointments up north today and Sunday, so can't go either day. Okay, here's the cliff-hanger question: Will I have the determination and initiative to go by myself? Both days? Happily?
Tune in tomorrow.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Yes, Mrs Molly I believe you will. Walking is part of your life now.

I meant to ask you ...I know your family spells your sur name as MOLLOY...however don't most Molloy's spell it Malloy? What's the origin? I get ticked when people spell our name with a 'd'. I know some Rogers families do spell it Rodgers..but I don't like people to assume we all do. Just like 'Alison'...don't more people spell it with two ls? Of course your husband and I have the perfect name...well, the diminutive of it.

Mimi said...

Actually, Molloy with an "o" is very common in Ireland--I guess not so much here. We get "Malloy," "Mulloy," "Mallow," and of course, "Molly" frequently. For roughly 20 years, "Hugh P. Molly" was on our visa card--nobody ever noticed that we signed our name differently.
I just sent you a site on the origin of "Molloy." You could look up "Rogers" and "McHale," too.
"Allison" is actually the male version of the name--it's used in the U.K. for boys. "Alison" is female, a derivitive of "Louise," the feminine, of course, of "Louis."

iloveac said...

I don't care much about the Rogers name.....McHale being the sacred one. LOL. Have you checked Byrne? We're from the West Coast....Mayo and Galway..Castlebar area. Of course my ancestors left during the famine....travelled to Liverpool, England and that's where my grandfather was born.... of IRISH parents. So, I don't own up to any part of my being English yet my mother's side had some English heritage.

Mimi said...

We have extensive information on the Byrnes side, as two of my cousins and I have done geneology on that side. They're from County Wicklow outside Dublin; my brother, Frank, has been there many times. My grandmother was a Hughes, and they're from Derry, formerly Londonderry, which is mostly protestant, but they were thoroughly RC. My cousin traced the Irish side all all the back to Adam--which I'd take with a grain of salt.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...