Friday, November 09, 2007

It was good to walk again with Susan yesterday. She and Walter had a great time in Canada and I heard all about it.
Picked up Leslie early so I could stop and buy another "berry wreath" for the hall mirror before going to WW.
After lunch, went to Tucker Tom's for produce and found that orders were being taken for Thanksgiving pies. Well, I debated and debated with myself. I never buy them for holidays--always make my own from scratch, including, of course, the crust. However, I asked to see one and it looked scrumptious. Other shoppers assured me the pies taste as good as they look and I took the plunge: ordered an apple, and will pick it up the day before. That means I'll make only one or two pumpkins--and maybe I'll try a mincemeat, too. (I was about to write "that'll be a piece of cake," but it doesn't quite fit.)
Spent the rest of the day washing clothes, food shopping, and preparing for Leslie's and my coverage of the Coalition table at the NJ NEA convention in A.C. today.
I've been in touch with John Nirenberg, the 60-year-old Brattleboro, Vt. resident who will walk from Faneuil Hall in Boston to Nancy Pelosi's office in Washington, starting December 1. He will walk in order to urge Congress to put impeachment "back on the table," as he believes we must hold elected officials accountable for their actions.
This guy is no wild-eyed radical. He's a 60-year-old former teacher who has gone the route of writing letters, making phone calls, and expressing his concern to Congress, with no results. I've already told him I want him to "walk in my name." Please take a look at his web site: http://marchinmyname.org/.
I'm going to take some info on John's crusade to the convention. I won't push it--the Coalition's aims aren't the same thing--but if somebody comes by the table who seems interested, will share it with them.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I think putting literature out about John's March is quite appropriate. The topics are related. I so agree with him that elected officials must be held accountable.

Ah...mince pie. I was so surprised to learn in the South that mince pie is a rarity. To me it isn't Thanksgiving or Christmas without it. In the South they'll have pecan and apple. I like both of them, but ya gotta have mince pie for the holidays.

Mimi said...

It's funny that we never had mince pie when I was a kid. I think it may have been because my father didn't like it. Once, when I asked about it, my mother said I wouldn't like it, either.
Well, years later, I had some for the first time and I DID like it. Also LOVE pecan pie, so maybe I should make one of them, too. Have pecans in the freezer my brother, Larry, brought me when he came for visit a year or so ago.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...