Saturday, November 24, 2007

After our walk, spent most of the morning cleaning up from T. Day. Emptied the dishwasher, put some of the leftovers in the freezer, and tidied up the guest bath. I had left the pots soaking in soapy water in the sink (something I almost never do), so they were easy to wash. Replaced the Thanksgiving plates, napkin holders and other Thankgivingy items in their storage places, and removed the padding from the dining room table. Washed, dried, and put away the napkins and tablecloth, and did three loads of everyday wash, too.
It's funny that I get a real sense of satisfaction and pleasure out of working to have everything "back to rights," as the saying used to be. Either I really am just a dull and limited housewife, or--oh, yes, it's gotta be this--I like it because it's at least something I can control, as opposed to my husband's illness.
Was alarmed at lunchtime to discover I was out of broccoli. Good lord, a crisis! Went to Acme to replenish and bought three kinds of squash, my blessed broccoli, and a huge head of cauliflower. That should last me a few days.
Talked to good friend, next-door Barb D., who told me her elderly father had been admitted to the hospital (in Westchester, NY) on Thanksgiving. She and Frank had planned to drive down to their daughter's in North Carolina that night and she was pretty disappointed they weren't able to.
Called Alison just as she was leaving work to wish her "Happy Birthday" on her actual one. She was born on Thanksgiving and what a joy that was and continues to be! I'm a lucky woman.
Talked to and saw Mike and adorable Vivian last night, when he called on the Web Cam. Vivi chatted for awhile, then went to get her "jewelry" and model it for us. She had put on several rings, a bracelet, and a choker necklace. She also told us the names of her friends at school. I said I'd send her the picture of her cousin, Joely, in the native American outfit he made. She then got tired of talking to grandparents and ran off to get ready to go swimming.
Will pick up Leslie at 9:00 for Weight Watchers. I'm pretty sure I've gained, but will take my lumps and soldier on.
Later: Back from WW; lost .4 pounds, which brings me to 153.6 and an even 46 pounds off. "Only" a quarter pound? I'll accept that with pleasure.
(Will resume going on Thursdays, so next time, it'll be a short week. Will see what the scale does then. Regardless, I'll be fine with it.)

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosamary,
You are doing so well...who cares how long it takes....this is for life. I hope to be able to follow your lead.

0.4 lbs is closer to a half of a pound...right? A half would be 0.5 lbs. (8 ounces)

A quarter pound would be just 0.25 lbs.(4 ounces)

See, you did better than you realized. Simply NOT to gain ...especially over the holidays is something to feel good about...or about which to feel good. Hell, just pat yourself on the back and buy another belt...you deserve it.

EBJ said...

I just got back in town. Please see my blog for the adventures we had in Ca.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...