Monday, November 12, 2007

Went to the Women's Club meeting yesterday; was pleased to see Marge and sat with her. A number of people came up to me and exclaimed over my weight loss. But get this: Three of them asked if I had been sick!
It's just a fact of life that when you're a certain age and lose a considerable amount of weight, the face sags (okay, everything sags). The fat under the skin dwindles and the skin is now flaccid; it no longer tightens the way it had, so ya gots wrinkles--and plenty of them. Guess I just have to live with that--or get plastic surgery which financially, doesn't seem to be in the cards. Anyway, after a time, people just accept your new look and move on.
Got a welcome call from Florence League, inviting us to their annual Christmas party on December 13. That's the day after the Women's Club Christmas luncheon, but that's okay--I love the busy partying of the holiday season. Flo (nee Wood) was a good friend of Pat's (but not in a romantic sense) at HSHS; she's married to Joe, whom Dee and Pat may remember. He was one of 13 children and went in the seminary as a sophomore, but came out later and married Florence. We've gone to their party since we moved here and they came to my birthday party last year. Flo is a (distant) cousin of Jack B.
Quiet day other than the meeting. This morning, I'm going to an AARP talk with Leslie and Barbara D. (next door) on Medicare prescription D. It isn't a topic in which I'm much interested, but I like to get together with these two good friends.
Later: I just realized later in the day that this is the anniversary of my mother's death. (Betty had reminded me of it a few days ago.) Mom's been gone for 8 years now after a long and fruitful 97 years.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Wrinkles beat out clogged arteries anytime. You sound like you are content with any changes as a result of wgt loss. Don't think I could afford or want a face lift, but I will consider Restylene (not sure of spelling) injections. It's similar to Botox and must be repeated every so often. With a return of your
waistline...who cares about wrinkles? You looked great and definitely not sick when we saw you one month or so ago.
I remember years ago my SiL lost a great deal of wgt and her kids liked her better when she was the way they remembered her.
Ya can't please everyone so best to please yourself.

Mimi said...

I'm not exactly happy about the wrinkles, but yes, I prefer them to clogged arteries. Hey, I'm interested in the injections--may look into them when my weight loss is complete.

EBJ said...

I remember when I lost 60 lbs. I was happy when people thought I was sick!
Now I'm not so sure I would like it.
Keep up the great work.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...