Friday, November 02, 2007

Had a very nice lunch with Mary Jane yesterday, whose husband, like mine, has emphysema. We also have in common long careers at Rider. M.J. was a supervisor in the library before she retired; her tenure was probably longer than mine, so about 30 years.
Mary Jane lives on Long Beach Island and we met in the middle at L.A.'s (I'm not sure if that's supposed to stand for "Los Angeles" or not). Had my usual C.s. with shrimp--and they know how to make it. We both had a glass of beer, me Coors Light, M.J. an Irish beer called "Ark."
Of course, we talked and talked. Her son is marrying in two weeks. He lost his first wife from cancer when they were in their twenties and had a 7-year-old, now a senior in high school. We veered a bit into the political, although she's very much to the right of me, so we--wisely, I think--left off quickly. After we parted, I bought a few items and got home about 4:00 just as Pat was coming in.
Called Mary Ann Van O. to see if she wanted to come over to look at the clothes I've grown out of--she will on Saturday.
Heard from Joan H. again, who sent pictures of their fabulous house in Costa Rica (think red tile roof, lots of wood, gorgeous pool on a cliff overlooking a deep valley with banana trees). It looks very isolated, but maybe the pics were taken that way.
Was pleased to know Virginia Beach Pat left a comment on Leslie's new blog. Not sure why mine didn't register, but added another. Here's the corrected address (thanks for pointing out the missing //s, Pat!):
http://nonnasworld923.blogspot.com/.
Made Slymphie Stew for Pat and I had the other half of my lunch, plus a big bowl of broccoli--a good, satisfying dinner (and day).

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...