Saturday, November 17, 2007

Went to Hamilton Mall yesterday and saw a jacket at Land's End. It was more than I wanted to spend--$139--but I reasoned I'll be wearing it everyday in the cold weather, so I bought it. It's one of those puffy kind that makes you like the Mifflin Tire man or the Pillsbury Doughboy. Not my favorite look, especially in light of my weight loss, but it's really not bad.
Now I'm not sure I want to keep it. It's very warm and Land's End puts out quality stuff, but it's snug enough so I probably couldn't wear a sweater under it. On the other hand, it's so warm I probably wouldn't need a sweater. But on the other other hand...
Damn! I'm always so indecisive! If I keep it, I may regret it. If I take it back, I may wish I hadn't. Guess I won't take off the tags, and will just stew about it before I make a move.
Had a nice talk with Betty. She's baby-sitting for Finn and Claire overnight. Boy, anybody who has taken care of a 6-year-old and a 1-year-old that long knows what she's in for. Good luck, Sis!
Was pleased to get a call from brother Frank in Alameda. He asked for our mom's recipe for her modified Chex mix, which we call "Nana Mix." My boys love this, too, and I always make it for the holidays. It's much spicier than the usual bland stuff. Both of Frank's daughters are expecting soon, always a nice bit of news as the Byrne descendants increase and expand. As Betty pointed out, there have been--I think--8 or 9 grand- and great-grandchildren born to the famlies of the four younger Byrne sibs in the past six years! As to how many descendants, plus spouses, there are of our parents, some of us have tried to figure that out, but it's difficult, for various reasons. Maybe I'll take another stab at it one of these days.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
The other day on the History channel they mentioned Michael Byrne the 8'2 inch giant.....do you have any info back to the beginning of the 18th century when Michael Byrne lived? How about that gorgeous hunk Gabriel Byrne?

Mimi said...

Ho, ho, Pat, I don't think there's any relationship. "Byrne" is such a common Irish name, it's almost like "Smith" in the U.S. Incidentally, my brother, Jim, as a son named Michael Byrne, but since he was adopted, it doesn't seem to be relevant. Remember Brendan Byrne, the former governor of Jersey? No relation there, either.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

iloveac said...

Thought the above might be from one of your future ESL students.
Tried Babelfish....not Italian...not Spanish...saw the word Brazil and yes....Portugese.

Here it is.
Babel Fish Translation

In English:
Oi, I found its blog for google is well interesting I liked this post. It would like to speak on the CresceNet. The CresceNet is a dialed supplier of InterNet that remunerates its users for the hardwired time. Accurately this that you read, is paying you to connect. The paid supplier 20 cents for the moment of connection dialed with local linking for more than 2100 cities of Brazil. The CresceNet has a connection accelerator, that leaves its faster connection up to 10 times. Who uses broad band can also profit, is enough to register in cadastre itself in the CresceNet and when it will be to sleep to connect for dialed, it is possible to pay the ADSL alone with the money of the dialed one. In the schedules of only minute the expense with telephone is minimum and the remuneration of the generous CresceNet. If you I to want to linkar Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in its blog I would be been thankful, until more and success. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend. #

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...