Friday, November 16, 2007

After Weight Watchers yesterday, I completed a number of errands in the driving rain. Then, my long-awaited DVD of "Cabaret" finally having arrived on Wednesday, I sat down and watched it while Pat went to the bay.
That's one terrific movie! It was such fun to romp around pre-war Berlin, decadent and sinister though it was (or maybe because it was decadent and sinister), with Liza and her pals. After, I looked it up on the Internet and discovered it's thirty-five years old! Good lord, that crazy, adorable Sally Bowes (she'll always be Sally Bowles to me) is 61. Where does it go?
Had a nice beef stew simmering all day in the crockpot. Pat had several helpings and I enjoyed a modest amount, too.
Alison called and we discussed Thanksgiving. Yoicks, it's less than a week away--I'd better start planning and buying. She had some other big news (no, nobody's pregnant) that I won't mention until it comes to fruition--I fervently hope.
Think I'll list some of my favorite movies. Besides "Cabaret," They include, but are not limited to:
"Chinatown"
"Citizen Kane"
"Since You Went Away"
"The Godfather"
"The Godfather II"
"Paths of Glory"
Hmm...I know there are many others, but just don't recall them at the moment. Must get ready for my walk, so will leave this for now.
To all you multitudes who read this: Why not put down your favorites movies, too, either as comments here, or on your blog?

1 comment:

iloveac said...

You asked...I post.

Not sure I'd still like these as much as I once did.

*Prizzi's Honor
*Arsenic and Old Lace
*Sense and Sensibility
*Chicago
*The Painted Veil
*Cabaret
*Chorus line
*Godfather series
*GWTW
*Most Betty Davis, Barbar Stanwyck, Cagney and Bogart films
*Best of Show (a spoof on the Westminter Dog show)
I'm sure there are more...

Here are movies I strongly disliked:
*Ishtar
*Romancing the Stone
*The Holy Grail or whatever
*Ghostbusters
*Abbot and Costello (most)
*Jurassic Park
*Lars and the real girl (currently playing).

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...