Wednesday, September 19, 2007

When I went out to pick Susan up yesterday morning, she was already at my door--with Sophia wrapped in blankets in her coach, so she went with us. Little S. goes to see her "third grandmother" today. (Susan and first husband were divorced, he remarried, and S. and the second wife have a warm relationship. First husband died some years ago.)
Just did my usual chores during the day. It was crisp, fall-y weather, so I went to Acme and got beef for stew; added potatoes, carrots, onions, and gravy to the crockpot--the aroma was sublime. There was quite a bit, so I thought of asking Pat if he wanted to invite Old George for dinner, but forgot. I was amused when he came home from the bay at 4:30 and asked if there was enough to invite George for dinner. Yes, of course, so he called and George came promptly at 5:45.
How that man can eat! It was gratifying to see him relish his two large helpings of everything, including the corn and cauliflower I had added to the table. He then accepted Pat's invitation to slather slices of good old low-nutrition white bread with gravy--I suspect that was a depression-era invention for meatless days--and finished that off, too. I remembered the frozen lemonade pie Susan had brought over when Karen was visiting a few weeks ago, and the guys topped off their meal with slices of that.
I'm going to a talk on property tax relief at 9:00, then getting a perm at 2:00. Now must pick up Susan.
(Note: I again added a mile walk to my regime. Pedometer recorded 11,456 steps, but I think that's over. Will explain tomorrow.)

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...