Saturday, September 15, 2007

Well, I'm just getting more and more decadent. Didn't get up until twenty of six! That meant I had to throw on clothes, take a few gulps of coffee, then pick up my umbrella* and dash over to Susan's. Now I'm back, so no matter.
Had a nice day with Amy C. yesterday. I picked her up and we drove to Macy's at Hamilton Mall. Got these door prizes: a very attractive pocketbook (Amy liked it so much, she bought an identical one for herself); a bracelet watch with a jewel that lifts up to reveal the watch face; a beautiful, deep red scarf; and a gift card for $25. I'm going to get one more, or possibly two more, prizes, because I got $20 off for spending over $60 and charging it on my Macy's card. We have roughly $120 to spend, and so far, are up to only $87. Of course, I'll be reimbursed by the Women's Club.
Afterward, we rewarded ourselves for our hard work (shopping--ha!) by going to lunch at The Olive Garden. Betty called when I got home and said she knew what I had for lunch. Of course, she thought Caesar salad with chicken or shrimp, but no, no, Nanette--I deviated, wild girl that I am. I had several helpings of OG's wonderful salad, skipping the soup and bread sticks, which Amy enjoyed. Had just water and decaf to drink.
We didn't get home until after 4:00, both being talkers, of course. Amy is an interesting--and very nice--person. She and her husband have lived in Sunrise Bay for 5 years (an eon, by our standards) and they have two grown children, including a son born profoundly deaf.
Just put the butter out to soften, to make the lemon squares I'm bringing to Leslie's for the dinner tonight. (Will also bring my crystal pickles, which I already have in the freezer.) This is their regular (Presbyterian) church group dinner, but she invited a few of us infidels, too. Susan and Walter will be there--they're not infidels, but Walter is a member of their church.
*Well, of course, we still walk when it rains. It was coming straight down, we had umbrellas, and--as Sister Mary Soandso at St. James used to say--we won't melt.

2 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary that Tricky Tray sounds fasinating amd the gifts you bought are well worth bidding on.
I love the Olive Garden, we don't have a Red Lobster any where near us and I find the OG to be as close as you can get to the Red Lobster. You certinly do stick to your diet when you are out dining. I can stay on a diet at home but when I go out I usually say the hell with it and pig out.

iloveac said...

The door prize gifts sound great. I'd probably be like Amy and get one for myself. I did that years ago buying shower gifts....hmmm coffee pot for you and coffee pot for me. Since I was always going to showers and not being given showers, this method worked well.
Olive Garden may have the best salad around. Love it.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...