Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Met Betty and Dorothy (Wes' niece) at the cemetery and we talked and cried at Jay's grave. It always seems so sad that the date of his birth--1974--is the date of his father's death. Jay was four months old. We also found Dorothy's mom's grave and several others of her family. Of course, my Pat's parents and sisters are buried a few feet from Wes and Jay.
Afterward, we stopped at a diner and had breakfast. Can't resist mentioning mine: a cup of oatmeal with skim milk, a glass of grapefruit juice, and coffee. I was pleased to accept an invitation to Dorothy's on September 10; she's having a birthday party for Betty's second son, Steve. Did lots of straightening up chores when I got home; also, wrapped the third present for Natsue, which I'll mail today.
After lunch, I impulsively rode to Kohl's and bought myself--a belt! It's been eons since I wore a belt and I had a hankering to get one. Whoa, Nelly! This one is black, about two inches wide, and studded with silver. Don't know when I'll have the nerve to wear it, but just owning it makes me glad. In addition, bought a neat, bright red pocketbook with shoulder strap that can also be worn backpack style.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Such a painful visit for all of you yesterday. I can't imagine Betty's feelings. So glad you were with her.

You mention a 'belt'....I vaguely remember what that is. It's been soooo long. Good for you ...and to get one that sparkles....wear it to your next luncheon or party or even to Boscov's....you wear it girl ....you worked for it.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary I can't imagine what it is like to lose a Husband so young and a son. It is heartbreaking just to read about it.
You did good on the breakfast, it will show on WW.
That belt sounds nice, I'm glad you have a waist small enough to wear it. I haven't got that far yet, guess I better think of exercising in the proper spots.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...