Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Puttered around doing this and that most of the day. Barb H. came over with her offering for the Tricky Tray. Chatted with her for a time, went to Acme, set the table for Pat, then jumped in the shower to prepare for my dinner with Vivian. Now here's the BIG news:
I wore my new belt! If I say it myself, modest to a fault that I am, I looked terrific. Wore black, slim-fitting slacks, a Liz Claiborne white shirt tucked in, with a red and black jacket over--all set off by my gorgeous black, studded-with-silver belt. WOW!! I should be embarrassed to admit this (well, I should be), but before I left, I kept looking in the full-length mirror and admiring myself.
I was just going in the restaurant when Viv drove up. She saw me walking toward her and it was so gratifying when she oohed and aahed over my appearance. I can say what I will about losing weight for my health and longevity, but hey, this is a terrific side benefit I had almost forgotten--what fun!
As ever, greatly enjoyed seeing Viv. She's looking for a new job and asked me to look over her resume and cover letters. I did, made a few suggestions, and we discussed her work situation. She was sorry she can't go to the respite weekend (or, in my case, just Saturday), but her commitments are just too onerous.
Want to go look at crepe myrtles today, as well as get some mulch, in preparation for Alison coming on Sunday to help me garden. Hope the weather holds.
Was delighted to hear from dear friend and fellow blogger, Pat McH. R., that she'll be in the area with her Rich next week. Made arrangements to meet for dinner on Wednesday and, if Betty's still here, will bring her, too. (Hmm, wonder if Pat can guess what I'm going to wear...)

3 comments:

iloveac said...

You just go right on 'struttin yo stuff' honey...you deserves it.

Don't go showin us up with your fancy new duds when we come Nawth....you fashion diva you.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary that outfit sounds great. Did you buy the slacks and blouse for your loss of weight or did you have them before? Have you dropped sizes, I love it when I have dropped a size and I do exactly what you did, look at myself in every mirror in the house.
Keep going, you must look great.

Mimi said...

Actually, I bought the blouse a few months ago, when it just about fit (was snug). This is the blouse for which I spend $46!! Where my head was, I don't know, as it's a simple white shirt-type blouse you can buy anywhere for half that price. It's a size 16 and is now slightly loose. The slacks are really "leggings" that are a 1X. However, they had fit snugly before and are now the least bit baggy. I like that style because my figure fault lies in my middle. I have slim hips, rear, and legs, so I like to try to disguise the tummy and emphasize the other.
As for sizes I went down, well, at my heaviest I wore either a 1X or even a 2X. Not sure how many sizes they are from a 16 which I guess is the size I've bought recently (but I haven't bought much).

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...