Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Got two nice e-mails yesterday. One was from Mike, to the effect he'll be in Tokyo next week and will ask Patrick and his bride out for dinner. The other was from long-ago neighbor, friend, and colleague, Chau P. He was on the faculty there, and suggested I apply. I did, was hired, and thereby started on my rise to the top of the academic world! (Well, anyway, after 31 years, I ended up as manager of employment...) Chau and his wife, Teresa, are retired and now live in Florida.
When they were little boys, Mike and Chau's son, Francis, were playmates. Francis is now an electrical engineer, but it looks as if his true avocation is as music promoter--hip hop, no less. His web site address is
http.//www.francisphan.com/ and is very impressive. He and his brother, Tom, live in Boston.
Called Ellen to wish her happy birthday and was pleased our gift had arrived. She also got beautiful flowers from Alison.
You know it was a slow day yesterday when I confess I borrowed Gerry Maquire from our clubhouse library and actually watched it in the afternoon. Had never seen it when it first came out and found it very entertaining.
Lunch in Delaware today with Lynne--yay!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

How neat that Mike can join his brother and new sister-in-law in Tokyo, no less.

I thought you did Delaware yesterday....must have misread something. Enjoy.

I checked Francis' website .........he sure is an impressive and talented guy.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...