Saturday, September 29, 2007

Got done about everything I planned to yesterday. Made the cake in the morning and frosted it in the afternoon, ran over to Acme for supplies, watered the new plants, met co-chair Amy at the clubhouse to stuff the newsletter, and did a few other chores.
Before dinner, I idly sat reading early entries on my blog. I laughed out loud at some that recorded my eating habits a year and two years ago--good grief, no wonder I was overweight! I seemed to have gobbled up everything that wasn't nailed down. It's gratifying to realize my attitude toward food has fundamentally changed. (Well, it's about time--took me seventy years to get here.)
Betty called. Told me she was awaiting her friend, who was picking her up to go to the reunion. My grandson, Joel, is on vacation next week and he and his family will be staying at her house. I hope and plan to go down for the day once or twice--it would be such fun to take Joely to the beach.
I'm looking forward to meeting others in the Wellspouse group, and will be leaving for Bucks County in an hour or so. I think I have everything covered for Pat being alone until I get home tonight. Told Susan I wouldn't be walking this morning and may not tomorrow if I get home very late and want to sleep in.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

So now you eat to live as opposed to living to eat, right? Can't wait til I get to that point.
Hope the retreat is rejuvenating in every way.
We're coming to NJ. Will email you now. Crab Trap for Wednesday yes. Rich is looking forward to meeting you.
p.s. I have no idea how you can make a chocolate cake and not lick the icing ....Oh to be so able to say "no". You are an inspiration.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...