Saturday, September 08, 2007

I'm getting to be a real slug-a-bed; slept until 6:30 again today. That means I had time only to get dressed, check e-mail, and gulp down my coffee before picking Susan up for our walk.
Okay, now I'm back, so here's yesterday's chronicle:
The cleaners came a few minutes after 10:00, did their usual good job and the place looks great. I did get over to Santori's for a fresh supply of feta cheese, lettuce, zucchini, and honeydew melon. When I got home, I was annoyed with myself when I realized I should have gotten lemons and tomatoes, too. Went to Tucker Tom's to get them and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of both--and their modest price.
Determined to increase my exercise, I took a one-mile walk in the afternoon, happily listening to Kate Smith on my portable CD player. I'm embarrassed to admit I had taken it back to Radio Shack, complaining that I could barely hear it. I slunk out after the guy there pointed out I had the ear phone plug in the wrong hole. (Well, geez, I was an English major, not a technological engineer...)
Got a nice, long, newsy e-mail from Mike. They're looking at schools for precious Vivian--about time, now that she's three. They got her on a waiting list for what seems an institution more prestigious than Harvard, as the deposit is $10,000 just be be admitted to the waiting list! He first said it was the World College, run by the Rev. Sun Young Moon--he's a jokester. In the meantime, they were able to enroll Vivi in a 3-year-old class at a school with a similar program. It has a library for nursery and K., a computer lab, a pool, kitchen for bi-weekly cooking classes (are these kids in training to be chefs, for cryin' out loud?), and other amenities, which Mike whined he was "deprived of as a child."
Paula designed a hotel in Jakarta and will go back there in two weeks; the rest of the family may join her for a few days. This week, she goes to Shanghai and Guangzhou and Mike will be in either Japan or Hong Kong the following week--whew!
Gotta go--Susan asked if I wanted to go to the big Tuckerton Flea Market this morning and I do, so she'll pick me up.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I had a good chuckle visualizing you in Radio Shack. I've done the same thing with those plugs. They ought to make them so only one plug fits one hole.
Will Vivian be studying any language skills? With her mom and dad traveling all over I think she'll be an early learner. Better she learn to make a good sukiyaki first, right?

Mimi said...

Not sure if Vivian will study a language, but I wouldn't be surprised. Paula speaks (or spoke--I don't think she's used them in years) English, Spanish, and Japanese. Mike has some Japanese, but I don't think he uses it anymore, either.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...