Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The "Diversity Your Palate" gathering at Little Egg Library last night was fun, but not what we (Barb H. and I) had expected. It was actually part of the "Friends of the Library" meeting (I think I'll join) and, after a short business meeting, various dishes of things were put out. A lot of them were not ethnic, such as hot dogs and beans in a crockpot and "Spanish Bar" cake, but were good, anyway. Barb was pleased to see some Hungarian foods her mother used to make. I'm sorry I ate first because we could easily have made a whole meal of the items. We had expected some kind of background or history of various foods, but it didn't include that. Anyway, it started at 7:00 and we were home by 8:00.
Earlier in the day, Susan brought adorable little granddaughter, Sophia, about 9 months old, over to visit. The baby is so precious, she made me yearn for another grandchild; I didn't get my share!
Made a loaf of banana bread yesterday, then wrapped it and put it in the freezer for Thanksgiving. Just gave Pat (homemade) pea soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, along with a serving of bread pudding. There's one other portion, which I'll give him tonight. Not sure what main dish I'll have, maybe barbecued ribs, as I have a Drama Club meeting at 1:30 today.
Barbara and Ray H. are having a little "going-away" pizza party on Sunday for Leslie and Dennis R., who are again going to Mississippi to help Katrina victims there. Pat said he thinks he can go--it'll be nice to be out somewhere with my husband again!
This morning, was pleased to get e-mails from Elizabeth/Betty/Liz H. A. and Edith, a friend from Wellspouse. Will get back to both and arrange to meet for lunch.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...