Friday, October 27, 2006

Aagh! I woke up with a bad sore throat--it's either a new cold or an extension of the old one. I have to drive Pat up to his doctor at Fort Dix, but after that, I hope to take it easy.
Jack B. came over yesterday to give us two copies of a marvelous picture of the St. James baseball team, circa 1944. This is a casual, informal snapshot, probably taken by somebody's parent outside the back door of the school Pat's in it and so is Jack, plus Matt G., Pat's cousin Joe D., and others I don't know but Pat does. I took it to Staples to get copies for our kids, plus Joe, and will add to the photo archives at St. James when I have a chance to get over there.
Enjoyed a nice, chatty e-mail from Pat McH. R. bringing me up to date on her life. It's interesting to see at how many points our lives touch--she was a friend of, and worked with, sister Betty, for one thing. I'll write back to her soon.
Must go have breakfast. Sigh--wish I could just go back to bed.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...