Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thanks to friend Marge's suggestion, I got an appointment with a podiatrist for Pat for next week. Aside from that, yesterday was quiet. The exception, in a manner of speaking--or writing--was the dreadful news we found in the morning paper: Pat's pulmonologist, Dr. J., died suddenly at home on Monday. He was only 56 and we both like him so much; we were stunned at this news. He's the one who flew to London on the same plane I did in June. I assume it was a heart attack, as he seemed perfectly healthy every time we saw him and "suddenly, at home" suggests that. The funeral is on tomorrow in Mays Landing, and I'll go to pay my respects.
Went to Long Beach Island to do a dry run for Alison's and Mike's race on Sunday--Pat's going and I like to find out ahead of time where parking is, etc.
LBI is so depressing when the summer's over. Actually, I find it pretty depressing during the summer--just don't like the place for a variety of reasons. Anyway, I stopped at a 7-11 and picked up a so-called "half sub"--ha! When I got home for lunch, I unwrapped it and found it contained salami, cheese, and ham PERIOD. No oil, seasoning, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion--damn! Ate it anyway after slathering it with mayo.
Well, if that's my worst experience in my life...
Jack B. stopped in about 2:00, stayed to chat awhile, then went down the bay to see Pat.
I have chicken and baked potato in the oven and will serve up peas with it for din-din--yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... a "pulmonologist" having a heart attack? Sounds ironic to me... You'd think those huys would have the healthiest hearts!

And, "died at home" sounds like someone might have 'done him'

Anyway, NO LETTUCE on the sub? Well, the scandels never stop in LEH...

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...