Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another quiet day yesterday, aside from a big mix-up with jury duty. I had to go to Toms River to straighten it out, but all is well now. Stopped on the way back at Shop-Rite and, among $45 worth of other stuff, bought eleven pounds of pork chops--!! Well, it was on sale at 89 cents a pound, what a bargain.
However, I got so sick of breading and individually wrapping each chop, plus I ran out of room in the freezer, that I gave four to Frank and Barbara next door.
Today, we went to the vascular surgeon, who said Pat's veins are a result of hardening of the arteries, but are not too bad. He wrote out a prescription for stockings, but Pat isn't sure if he wants to wear them. We also stopped at Community Surgical, as we're contemplating changing oxygen suppliers, from Apria, who have been very unresponsive lately.
When we got home, Frank had left a message, but was out when I called him back. Jack B. also called to say his golf date had been rained out and he had stopped over. He left a picture in the mailbox and it's just priceless. It's of Mom, Betty and me when we were about a year old, in the backyard at Newport Avenue. I had never seen it before, and when I called Jack back, he said it was in "the archives"--presumably, his mother had taken it. Anyway, I love it, and will make a copy for Betty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, hi, hi. Can you scan that photo and put it on your blog?
-Ellen

Mimi said...

Ho, ho, El, I don't have a scanner. However, I'll get two copies made and will send you one. Love, Mom
P.S. Wish I could find one of you and Alison with me, too!

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...