Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cousin John came down yesterday and I served up a nice lunch, all the components of which I already had. They included a green salad, three kinds of bread, ham and cheese cold cuts, hard-boiled eggs, and delicious cold chicken, sliced down from the roast I cooked on Sunday. We finished off with fruit salad (sometimes I serve this with the meal, sometimes for dessert).
After he left, I jumped in the shower and dressed for dinner with Vivian and her daughter, Vanessa. What a great time we had! We went to Makato and had hibachi, marveling over the expertise of the cook who, of course, performed all kinds of tricks with his knives and spatulas, preparing the meal in front of our eyes. I had teriyaki salmon and fried rice, vegetables, and sauces came with the meal. (Hmm...I wonder if they actually do this kind of cooking in Japan.)
Anyway, we had a wonderful time talking and laughing--and groaning--over our lives with ill spouses. Vanessa just got her master's degree and is a special ed consultant for the school district. She's a delightful and interesting young woman and is here, for the time, with her parents to help out at home (her father, Vivian's husband, has severe MS).
Today, I'll get my perm at 9:30, then run down to Ventnor and St. James; will hand in my $75 for the gala.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...