Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Got my perm yesterday and it looks great already. Asked April to cut it shorter than I had it before. I won't wash it for another day or two, then will color it before the gala on the 14th.
Went down to St. James after, still telling myself it was the very last time. I checked out the Ventnor library, but didn't go into the Historical Society section, although Dr. M., the president was there. I then went down to Betty's house, went in, and saw that whoever rented it last left in absolutely immaculate condition. I called her this morning to tell her that and we had a nice chat.
Last night, brother Jimmy called just to see how we were doing. It was Therese's birthday and few days ago and they went down the Potomac on a boat, then had dinner, and floated back--what a nice thing to do!
Talked to Marge and she'll come over after her doctor's appointment this afternoon to discuss the Drama Club show. I also asked her for information on a podiatrist she got at the health fair. Pat asked me to make an appointment, which he desperately needs, as his feet have a fungus on them ("There's a fungus among us!").

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Got a perm..." "Foot fungus..." Wow! What other exciting news will you have for us, Mimi ???

Mimi said...

Well, I don't like to overdo the excitement, but here's a scoop: I MAY BE DRIVING DOWN TO LBI TOMORROW!! Big news...

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...