Sunday, March 31, 2024

Saturday

I finally tackled cleaning the floors, my least favorite household task. I vacuumed the carpets, then dust-and wet-mopped the hard floors, using the Bona method, as I always do. At the same time, I washed the bathroom rugs and cover.  It went pretty fast and looks good. I then swept the front walk--it's been windy and greens blow there--and did a regular load of wash. Called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's today for Easter; I should be there about noon. 

Michelle, my tax accountant, texted me to say she was meeting with Jim on Tuesday, to see if his tax return, done by the free service, was correct. I was surprised, as he had asked me about this last year. Michelle is ready to retire and said she really doesn't need any more referrals, I had no idea Jim would get in touch with her and I'm a little annoyed he didn't mention it, but oh, well. 

Called El herself with a tale of woe: this laptop suddenly informed me that my battery was low and I had to connect to the computer. What? It was connected and I was hazy about that, anyway. Called Ellen, who has the same laptop I have (which she never uses, as she has a Tablet) and she walked me through it. I just had to plug something in. She was so wonderfully patient with my histrionics (I'm the annoying excitable type--everything's a disaster--you'd like to strangle) and her calm and clear  direction reassured me the world wasn't going to end. Well, I guess that's because she's been dealing with nine-year-old for thirty years and I fit right in.  

I've got a slew of calls to make tomorrow, including to the gas and electric companies for my house, Little Egg Township to be sure they got my paperwork, my R.E. agent, Kim, to see if there's anything else I have to do, and a few others.

It rained on and off all day, but I took a chance and went over to Von's for veggies at 4:30 when it was still dry. Wouldn't you know, it was raining when I came out and I got a little wet. However, it was a half-hearted California rain and no harm don't, It's supposed to be a rainy Easter today, too--and yep, it's raining now, but I don't care as I'll be with those I love. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...