Saturday, March 30, 2024

Friday

Was up a pound at home to 124.6 and a tad (.07) at T.O.P.S. TO 125.1, but no prob. The meeting meandered on, as usual, but it was okay. On the way home, Cheryl and I wondered why Sharon has gained weight after a considerable loss. Maybe she was off the diabetes medication for a time.

Had breakfast after 10:00, then got my cart and took off. Walked the mile and a bit to Telephone Road, then got the 11 bus to Grocery Outlet. I hadn't had time on Thursday to get what I wanted there (I'm particularly interested in their vegan choices), so it was good I was free yesterday. Got minneolas, three pounds of apples (I'm on this baked apples kick), and a big container of strawberries (this is the season here).  Also picked up some cauliflower shrimp burgers--can't wait to try them!--and other vegan veggie treats. Took the 11 to Victoria Avenue, but decided not to wait for the 6 or 21 home, so walked. As I went through the middle area, I saw Lorraine; she often sits and reads out there in the afternoon. Chatted with her for a half hour or so, then continued on. 

By the time I had lunch, it was after 2:00, then then actually watched television for a half hour (naughty Mimi!). For some reason, though, it went off (no doubt to punish me) and I'll call Yandoo Communications today.  

Did an hour or so of fruit prep: washed, cored, and treated (Splenda and cinnamon) sixteen apples, popped them in the oven, then separated them into several containers, which I put in the freezer. I'll be able to enjoy them for quite a while:


I then washed, trimmed, and cut the pound of strawberries (it's the season here) and put them in the freezer, too. Eventually, I'll make something with them--maybe strawberry shortcake when I have dinner guests.

Mike, out on his daily early-morning biking run, videoed me for a quick hello. He'll be in Cupertino, Cal., on business at the end of April, but only for a few days and won't have time to come down here. He will be here in July to bring Violet to camp, then will come back to get her in August. Not sure if he'll be able to get here for my brother's memorial.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...