Thursday, March 14, 2024

Wednesday

I'm still chipping away at items on my to-do list. At 10:00, I set out for the dry cleaners at the  Smart 'n' Final shopping center, about a mile and a half down Telegraph Road.  When I turned onto Hill Street, which borders my apartment complex, I saw this on the Campbell Farm:                                                                                                        

I asked a guy what was happening and he said the city had rented that section from Mr. Campbell because pipes on the road are being replaced. He also said Campbell was removing all the lemon trees and putting in avocados, as they're more profitable. Interesting...

Continued on my way and took my docent costume--the skirt, that is-- to the dry cleaners. The seamstress had me put the skirt on, she pinned it, and it will be hemmed, cleaned, and ready on Friday. Stopped into Smart 'n' Final and got four orange sweet peppers and a nice pumpkin squash.

When I turned back into Hill Road, I ran into my pal, David, the ornithologist. He was on his bike, about to ride up in the hills, but stopped to chat and we settled into a half-hour of complaining about management's nefarious ways. That's always fun.

It was a wonderfully warm and sunny day, so I made a sandwich, and took it and a beer, and my book, to the middle and ate my lunch there. It was so quiet and pleasant, my neighbors at work, the kids in school, the gardeners elsewhere. 

Back inside, I chopped the peppers and put them in the freezer to be ready for my next stir-fry. Did some computer stuff, took a 20 minute nap, then called Ellen and we had a good talk. She's winding down her teacher-life with just three months to go--YAY! 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...