Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Monday

I had postponed the sacred Sunday ritual--The Changing of the Bedclothes!--and did it yesterday after showering and washing my hair. Took off about 10:30, walked to Telephone Road, and hopped on the 11 bus to meet the Soaring Spirits gang Stone Fire Grille. I was early, as ever, so strolled around Kohl's and Sprouts until 11:30.

Vera was there already, along with Susan, Gayle, and several others. We all hugged and congratulated Vera on her "all clear" breast cancer scare. I wanted to buy her lunch, but Gayle beat me to it, and already had; I'll do it next time. Gayle also offered to take me to Anne's funeral. I was pleased to see my old friend, Barbara, who had retired as CEO of the Ventura Fairgrounds, and there were a number, including four men, which is unusual. Two had been with us before and one had lost his (male) partner just a month ago. Anyway, it was a good group and we had a convivial time: 

Above, I'm third from the left, Gayle to my left, Barbara across from her, Susan to her left.

From there, I bused to the transit center, thinking I might continue on to town, but changed my mind and continued home. 

Lorraine called to ask if I'd meet her in the middle (of the complex), where we often had, and bring her a copy of management's letter about certain rules about our patios and balconies. Incredibly, she doesn't have a computer (although she does have a cell phone) and she has emails sent to her daughter in L.A. Why in the world she doesn't have management send or put in her mail slot, a print copy, too, is beyond me. Obviously the daughter doesn't always bother to inform her mother of what she gets--incredible. Anyway, we met in the middle and I gave her the copy. She seems to think this is an outrageous action on management's part and doesn't realize they have the right to do it. Anyway, we sat and talked for an hour or so in the warm sunshine. Lorraine's main complaint is how high the rent is. Okay, why doesn't she move? Because the rents in other places are just as high or higher, of course.

As for the rules and regs re patios: Today is cleanup, then I go to HEARX for my  hearing aid. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...