Friday, March 29, 2024

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Diane at noon, as I wanted to stop at the bank first to order checks, as I'm out.. I use them so seldom, I didn't realize that. Sent Michelle her fee via a check from SO-FI, the very entity that owns this apartment complex.*  

After dealing with all that finance crapola, I took the 11 bus to Diane's area. Stopped first in the supermarket there--they have some good buys and some items different from the usual, including a lot of vegan selections. I decided to pick up some things there after I left Diane, so walked down to the park across from her place. There she was, early as ever, and we settled down to one of our long, discussion-filled lunches. She's going (on-line) to a new guru, who assures her that her neuropathy is the result of a traumatic childhood event, which Diane said never happened. Such incredible hogwash--it's hard to believe people actually pay money for this. Anyway, it was interesting in a horrible kind of way.

We talked for two hours, then said goodbye and I went back to the supermarket. I had just walked in when Ellen called.  Could she borrow my crockpot and a casserole dish? Sure, and I cut short my grocery buying--just got three pounds of apples and some crackers. I might go back today, as I wanted to pick up some ahi tuna steaks and a few other things.

Got home and about twenty minutes later, I buzzed Ellen in. We had a nice little visit--she didn't want to go to dinner, as she was tired after a long day with nine-year-olds. She's off now for spring break--happy day--and I'll see her on Sunday.

*A year or so ago, just on a whim, I opened an account there with five hundred bucks.  I actually forgot all about the SO-FI account until I realized I had no more BOA checks. I guess I could have paid Michelle on-line, but I want to get rid of the other account, so used that.  Just as a test, I deposited a hundred in my BOA account via a SO-FI check, too. I'll just close that out, I guess

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...