Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything else to the township. Paid a few bills and tidied up a few other business-y stuff. 

Texted Stella to firm up our plans for lunch today at the new Thai restaurant. It's right across the street from my apartment complex so, for once, I don't have to bus somewhere.

Packed my lunch and bused again to HEARX to report I can't handle the newly-formed left ear aid. I didn't see Amanda, the audiologist, as I didn't have an appointment, but spoke to Amanda, the technician after a wait. We discussed the problem and I told her I wanted the old one back. She gave it to me, but suggested I could try another molded, which is softer and more flexible. Okay by me, but for now, I'm using the earlier one. Still can't get it in the ear canal, but it's at least closer.

Headed to the mall after that. Ate my lunch in the middle, then stopped at Target for bread, blueberries, and printer paper. Home, I called my Florida brother, Larry, now 92, and we had a long talk. I told him about the traveling memorial (see below) for Frank and he filled me in on the doings of his humongous family. I was surprised to hear that his grandson, Vic, was leaving WJAX TV and will work at some sheriff's office--not sure in what capacity. It seems he was reporting, writing, producing, anchor-ing, and so on for the station and it had just gotten to be too much. Here's Vic, whom they call "little Vic" because his Dad is "big Vic." "Little Vic" is six foot five: 

Vic Micolucci

       I-Team reporter, anchor

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

Note: I forgot to mention that, a few days ago, I contacted my niece, Maureen, about whether she and her siblings had planned a memorial for my brother, Frank. I received this reply a few days ago:

While we are still finalizing the details, we are taking dad's memorial on the road. The four of us will be taking a road trip up the coast, visiting places and people who were special to Mom and Dad. You are one of the primary people on our list. Once we finalize dates (Tentatively July 25-30) we will make arrangements to host something in Santa Barbara with you and all the cousins. 

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...