Sunday, March 24, 2024

Saturday

Suzanne stopped in about 10:00. She had had her friend, Sister Beatrice over for lunch the other day and brought me a piece of key lime pie. We had a nice chat and I enjoyed it. In fact, that was the high point of the day, because virtually all of the rest of it, I spent on pulling together my income tax info. Every year, I promise myself I'll do it early and every year, I...uh huh. 

Anyway, it took me a lot of the day and I didn't do much else except a load of wash. I didn't go anywhere, which was just as well, as the wind was absolutely ferocious. When I went out to get the mail, I was actually nervous I'd be hit by a tree branch or, worse, a whole tree.

Loraine called and we talked for fifteen or so. One of these days, she and I will take lunch to the middle, but it's been a little too chilly for that lately. 

I messaged my niece, Maureen, to see if any plan's have been made for my brother, Frank's, memorial He died several months ago, and I'm not sure if they're waiting until summer or even if they'll have one.

A more agreeable message was one from Mike telling me that granddaughter, Vivian, has secured a research internship at Cornell. This will be in the summer and includes travel and living expenses, plus a stipend! Wow, what a great thing for her--I'm thrilled. Sent her an email of congratulations. I mentioned that I might be in Jersey in the summer and possibly, we could meet between there and Cornell, which is in Ithaca, N.Y. That darling girl immediately sent me back a loving note: "Thank you so much! I would love to get together in the summer, that would be great. I am really excited about this internship. I love you!" 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...