Friday, March 01, 2024

Actually, it wasn't management, but Suzanne who left pages of the lease at my door. I don't know why she thinks I'm concerned about the patio thing because I'm not. However, I've been meaning to clean it up--the squirrels and the rain left a terrible mess--so this was an incentive. To that end, I spent roughly two hours and got about half done. (I'll have help today, tomorrow or Tuesday with the other half.) I drastically cut back both geranium plants, along with other foliage, including some of my ficus tree;  filled my little cart three times to haul the trimmings to the trash area. Boy, it was intense, but double-plus-boy, it felt good to do physical work and the patio is shaping up well. Here's part of what I haven't done yet: 

It's both enjoyable and a great annoyance that there are towering pine trees near my place, as the needles cover the ground and are impossible to avoid. One of these days, I'll turn my attention to solving that problem, but it ain't gonna be soon. 

Went over to Von's for salmon and veggies, then next door to Hallmark. I had bought a little "onesie" for Lora's new granddaughter, but decided I liked another one better, so exchanged it. The baby is named "Kalea," which is Hawaiian and means "joy" or "happiness"--Lora's adopted daughter being of part Hawaiian ancestry. Called Lora to find out how an ordeal she went though yesterday turned out. It was satisfactory, but the result is still pending. She invited me to breakfast after T.O.P.S. and I told her I'd go if it rains. Otherwise, I'm going to be finishing the patio.

Lynne, director of docents for Dudley House called to ask if I was still going with her to an event at a historic site in Oxnard tomorrow. Oops, I almost forgot, but yes, I am and she'll pick me up at 8:45 am. Lorraine, one of my kooky friends/neighbors called to chat, complain about management, and once again, we agreed to sometime bring lunch to the middle area (which I have to admit is nicely kept) and visit).  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...