Saturday, March 23, 2024

Friday

Lost a mere pittance of .02 (to 123.6) at home yesterday, but incredibly, I was the biggest loser at T.O.P.S.-- down 2.4 to 124.4. Wowee, I won the cash ante--a big five bucks! We had a new member, Mary Ann, who seems very nice and a good fit for our group. Bobbi is still out with her surgery and Bev with her vertigo, I'm sorry to say. leader Lennie brought in a bottle (non-alcoholic, natch) and we toasted Lora, who became an official K.O.P.S. Here's Lennie, setting up:                                              

And here's my pal, Lora, taking a picture of Lennie. Cheryl, on the left, looks somber, which isn't her personna at all:

Home at 10:15, changed, had a quick breakfast, then took off for town. Met Noreen at Dargan's and we had a good lunch and a long talk, covering such topics as guilt, struggles with feelings of inadequacy, abortion, and so on. Not exactly upbeat, but very satisfying. Noreen's one those with whom I can disagree and still respect her opinion. After we parted, I looked in a few thrift shops for a docent skirt (I"m sure as hell not paying full price for it), found nothing, and may wear another one I have at home. Damn, I somehow lost another pair of sunglasses! I'm down to one pair, so may want to buy a spare.

Miramar called to tell me my glasses are in. Think I'll go on Monday and pick up my new hearing aid piece, too. The person from the cleaners called and agreed to give me until Tuesday to decide if I want the skirt altered (to the tune of fifty bucks, as I've mentioned) or not. Since I think I can use the one I have, I may take her up on it and go get it back today. I'll then donate the damn thing to GoodWill.

Mike videoed me last night with exciting news: Vivian has gotten a summer internship at Cornell University! It comes with room and board, travel expenses and a stipend--wow! That's a far cry from those long-ago days when I handled the internship program at Rider. Because her major is botonny, I suppose she'll be out in the fields with nature.  So proud of her!

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...