Sunday, March 03, 2024

Saturday

Yet more rain! Nevertheless, Lynn picked me up at 8:45, and we drove to the home of fellow Dudley House-ers, Jan and Bruce. It's very large and is surrounded by beautiful tropical foliage, including a number of the orchids that Jan grows and will be entering in a tropical plant exhibit in Santa Barbara next week. I was surprised to hear we four were the only ones who had signed up for the Oxnard Farm tour, and after chatting for a half-hour or so and seeing no letup to the rain, we decided to scratch the trip. Jan will rearrange it for a less-iffy time.

Lynn is a non-stop talker and somewhat flighty. When we drove into my complex, she mentioned that she had been here a short time before. She's a member of Caregivers--volunteers for senior citizens--and  she was delivering Valentines. The intended recipient lived here, but when she went to deliver the Valentine, Lynn found she had died. When? In December of 2022. Her name? Mary. Her partner, with whom she lived? Vickie. Yes, Lynn was referring to my friends, Vickie and Mary. Must tell Vickie.  

So I got back home at 10:00 while the rain went on. I took out my ground turkey and chopped onions, defrosted them and combined with the usual additions and favoriings, stir-fried two portions, one of which I had for dinner. Took a short nap, otherwise, hung out and did this, that, and the other.

(Note to myself: See document and picture entitled "Sunday 3-2-24.")

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...