Friday, March 15, 2024

Thursday

Ran over to Von's in the morning and got chicken thighs, grapefruit soda, low-cal popsicles, and a dozen and a half eggs. I was accompanied by ferocious winds, which convinced me decide not to venture too far later in the day. Instead, I rearranged some things in the bedroom and otherwise tidied up. Did a color wash and some kitchen counter cleaning. I looked up how to freeze eggs (you break them and scramble them together first) and put four in the freezer. Paid Community Memorial and a few other electronic bills. 

Called Muckie and we had a--get this--almost two hour visit. How I enjoy talking to her and how I'll miss that when I no longer can. Gayle called to confirm that she'll pick me up this morning and we'll go to Anne's funeral. She'll take me to the cleaners afterwards to pick up my docent skirt.

I was just about to start dinner when my pal, David, the birdman, texted me. He said he was outside at my patio gate, looking at my ficus tree. I went out and we discuses the tree, plus what he considers the too-enthusiastic tree trimmers. We then went over to the outside of his apartment and he showed me the tree in the patio of his downstairs neighbor,which shades his balcony above; it's quite beautiful. I asked how he was emotionally and, of course, he has his ups and downs. His ex-wife (yes, but he still loved her; I don't know why they divorced) died two years ago and misses her terribly. Life is so hard sometimes.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...