Sunday, March 10, 2024

Saturday And Some Kinfolk

After breakfast I was happy to hear from Noreen. We had a good talk and I invited her to come with me and two others to Comic Potential today. She accepted the invitation and will join us there, as will Lynn.

I then got my cart and bused to the transit center and from there, walked to Community Memorial. I had to wait only fifteen minutes, then got the stitches ("sutures") out, and that was it. I was told to keep the sutures dry, but I don't remember for how long. Annoyingly, the printed instructions I was given didn't mention it. I really want to wash my hair as soon as I finish breakfast, but I don't want my arm to fall off or something.

I've been hankerin' for cabbage fritters, so stopped at The Market on the way back to the transit center. I usually buy a whole cabbage and fine-shred it myself, but that's such a chore, Insteaad, I took Diane's advice and bought the kind shredded for cole slaw. Went to Target and got blueberries and Almond Breeze plant-based milk, then bused home.

Didn't get lunch until after 2:00, but that was okay. Lora texted that she was mad at me because I hadn't asked her to take me last Saturday to the hospital. Little did she know I had just gotten back from busing there to get the stitches out. She's a lovely young (well, it's relative--she's 68). 

Made the fritters, had some for dinner, and they slightly different from cabbage only, but good. Had some for dinner, froze the rest, and will continue to enjoy them for some time. I like to use tartar sauce as a dip for them and have some of the bought kind, but thought I'd try to make it myself. I was surprised how simple it is--mayo and chopped dill pickles, plus some seasonings.   

Two of my relatives just came out with books, including nephew Dave Wessel with his novel featuring his father, my brother-in-law, Carl. The title, Choosing Sides, refers to his parents' dilemma at the approach of World War II. Should they remain in their native Germany, or settle to the U.S., where they had lived for a time? I dislike fictionalized history, but I'm looking forward to this. Here's Dave with his first shipment:                                                                

                                                        

My cousin, Marifran Korb, daughter of my father's brother, just brought out non-fiction book about the problems depression can cause in a marriage. Here's Marifran and the cover:        

                                            I ordered both of them from Amazon yesterday.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...