Thursday, February 29, 2024

Wednesday And Some Eyebrow-Raising Info From Management

I did a fair amount yesterday: a color wash in the morning, then a lot of food prep before I kept my 3:15 eye doctor appointment; also tested to see if the TV worked. I know the Firestick doesn't, but the cable has also been going out sporadically. I couldn't get a damn thing for awhile, and I called some TV repair places, which I may or may not use. However, later, I fooled around with it and turned off a red button and suddenly, it worked. I'm not so sure it'll continue, though, and I couldn't tell you what all I did. It's annoying and I guess there are a few things on Netflix I'd like to see--and I'm paying for it--but overall, I don't miss it as long as I have the laptop.

As for food prep, I scrubbed and rough-chopped my two pounds of carrots, dressed them with olive oil and Italian seasoning, and popped them in the oven. I then chopped my three pounds of tomatoes, but  realizing I was out of onions, put them aside. Busied myself otherwise until the Lyft guy, courtesy of SCAN, picked me up and took me to Miramar eye docs.

That went fine, although Dr. B. neglected to tell me what to put on the eye that's a little red. (I know he can't be as old as I am, but he gives that impression). I can probably find something; if not, I'll call the office back. He did say the macular degeneration is stable and gave me an prescription for new  glasses. I also have an checkup appointment with Dr. Trotter in September. 

I cancelled the Lyft home, as I want to keep up my exercise. Walked the half-mile or so to the stop, then bused home, getting onions on the way. Chopped six of them (one a fine dice), combined them with the tomatoes and garlic, and added oil and seasoning. I actually forgot the vinegar I usually put on, so added it later. Put in the leftover fresh string beans, too, and had a vegan meal for dinner. 

I ate late and was just finishing about 7:00, when Suzannae called. We had gotten a letter the other day from management pointing out that on page 46 on the new lease, there's a directive covering patios and balconies. In the usual in-your-face attorney language, it specifies that in their outdoor areas, residents  can't display too many potted plants, can't store sporting equipment, can't fornicate there (oh, wait--they didn't add that, so I guess it's okay), and so on. I guess the bottom line is, you'll be evicted if your geraniums are the wrong color. Suzanne, being brought up in the guilt-is-my-middle-name tradition, takes it very seriously, but I barely glanced at the letter and certainly didn't read the whole lease. I doubt if people will be hauled out of their homes because the geraniums aren't blooming, but will take a look outside to see if I should be worried about my upcoming homelessness.  

Ha-ha! I just opened the front door to look for the paper (once again, I didn't get one) and found copies of several pages of the lease to the effect that window signs are prohibited, as well as all the crapola about the patio. I removed my signs:

To be honest, I'm surprised I wasn't chastised about these before, as I've displayed them in my bedroom path-facing window for a year or more. Guess I'll bet around to the patio sooner or later. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...