Monday, February 05, 2024

Sunday

I was glad to have slept well and didn't get up until 5:00. Took my weekly pill, stripped the bed, washed and remade, did the crossword (a good one), and otherwise busied my self. I did a few more things I've been neglecting (story of my life!) and was interested to see the wet stuff coming down outside. It started about 10:00 am and good grief, went on all day. 


Left: Next to the foliage used to be a slight separation area between the grass and the building; now it's a veritable over-flowing stream.

Left: From my kitchen window. Next to the gate isn't a stream--more like a river.

Noreen and I had planned to go to Poor Things today, but looking out at the deluge, I called and we arranged to postpone to next Wednesday when and will go to the Regency, closer to me.  We'll meet for lunch at noon, attend the movie at 3:50, and I'll get the Access Van home Speaking of vans, I need to call today for the Uber van to take me to Primary Medical tomorrow when I meet with Natalie, the P.A., to go over my meds. 

Spent time on a pleasant task: roasting my signature (doesn't that sound grandiose?) tomato/onion/garlic/oil/vinegar/Italian seasoning dish. 

Suzanne called to see if my patio was flooded--not at all and the plant area is absorbing well. She had had a bible study scheduled at the church, but they did it on Zoom. I told her about Frank and she offered her condolences, then I called Vickie; she did the same and we had a good talk. 

 (See the following entry, also.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you expected it…the finality of it usually stings. So sad. He was in my brother JIm’s class at St James til 5th grade then again at HSHS. Jim will welcome him.
/pat mchale rogers

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat.

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...