Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Tuesday

I woke up with what I think is an eye infection: red, slightly sore, but not too worrying. Called Miramar and since it's in the same complex as HEAR, where I was going yesterday, I asked if I could come in just to get advice on how to treat. Oh, no, no, no, heaven forfend anybody can get an unscheduled consultation, even if the eye was spinning around and sending out sparks . However, the staff person said I could come in today at 3:15. I then realized I have a regular appointment on March 29, so could I combine them? Wonder of wonders, she allowed that, so that's good, especially since I'm sure I need a new prescription.

Courtesy of my SCAN insurance, I had reserved Uber to get to the audiologist. The guy was late getting here, so I was late for my 1:00 appointment, but had to wait only about twenty minutes. Luckily, I didn't need a new hearing test, as I had had the first HEAR just a few months ago. I was told what I'm getting is the top of the line and costs $6000; however, SCAN will pay all but $1600 and I'm fine with that. 

I left there and walked the few blocks to The Market and bought apples, carrots, and tomatoes (I had my cart with me), then walked to the transit center (a mile and a bit), and bused home. I had had a sparse lunch, so made myself a snack of leftover roasted cauliflower. I then washed, cored, and seasoned my six apples and roasted them together in the oven. I'll be having one for the next six nights.

I got some bills paid and filing done, then went to checked my email. There was a message from Sunrise Bay management, telling me my tenant has had a trailer in the driveway for several weeks and this is in violation of the rules; if it's not removed within thirty days, my tenant will be evicted. Considering that is only a few days before they're scheduled to leave anyway (the the first week of April), I'm not terribly concerned. However, I forwarded the notice to Susan and I'm sure she'll take care of it.     

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...