Friday, February 23, 2024

Thursday

For the first time in what seemed like forever, I bused to my old haunts in town. Cruised the shops, bought a blouse (old-fashioned word, "blouse"--I think everybody says "tops" nowadays). Anyway, it was a beautiful, sunny and warm day, so I took my lunch and ate at my old spot across from the mission:

Home, I had started in a few chores when Stella called about 3:45. She was at the condo she owns in east Ventura, checking it over, as it's about to be re-rented. Asked if I wanted to have dinner--or whatever you might term having a meal at that hour. Stella herself has a somewhat unconventional eating routine--actual, no routine. When she gets up, she has coffee and a banana, then often doesn't have what she terms "breakfast" until noon or 1:00. Yesterday, she hadn't had anything since the banana and coffee, so this was a combination, I guess.

I immediately agreed, although I wasn't very hungry. She picked me up and we went to Two Trees. It was still Happy Hour there, so I got a ceviche and an IPA--very good and just enough. We had a good time talking and firmed up our plans for tomorrow: She'll pick me up at 11:45 for the benefit lunch for the homeless at the U.U. church.

Darn, now I have to find a T.V. person. When I turned it on Wednesday night, it said "no signal" and has been the same ever since. Called Yandoo and they don't have a clue, either--in other words, it's not on their end. The electronic world is just conspiring against me, I'm afraid. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...