Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Monday

Rain, rain, rain and I'm sick of being inside. Looking forward to meeting Noreen for lunch and Poor Things at the Regency tomorrow; will call the Access Van to get there and back.

I spent an incredible portion of the day handling yet more phone calls, arrangements, bills paid, and so on. I also called SCAN Transportation to cancel seeing the P.A. with my questions about meds today. I suggested we do it on Facetime or something or even via email. However, she wants me to come in, so we postponed to February 19; I set up the transportation for then, too. Aside from that, I got some pesky other things done, such as adding to my '04 calendar family and friend birthdays and so on. Must call the Access Van for tomorrow when I meet Noreen for lunch and the movie.

Patrick and Mike contacted me to see if I had floated away yet--it seems the worldwide press is, as usual, making the recent weather into an inescapable agent of disaster. 

Got a text message with phone number from someone named Susan Roberts, saying she'd be visiting here next week and would like to get together. I thought it was a scam until I remembered the woman I had met a few months ago, walking with her infant granddaughter.  who lives in--Nevada? North Carolina? Upper Gipip? I admired the baby, whom she babysits periodically and we chatted and decided we'd meet when she gets back. I called her, we had a nice chat, and will meet for lunch after she gets in.  

Talked to Ellen and they're all okay out there in Ojai-Land. Roads are semi-flooted, but not impassable where they have to drive. 

My nieces posted beautiful tributes to their Dad on Facebook and nephew Patrick posted pictures of his Mom and Dad. I love this one--it's so them before all the changes started: 

And decades earlier, here's Frankie, the shrimp second from left on the HSHS basketball team:
He was self-conscious about his height and had a late growth spurt. When he graduated from Villanova, he had caught up and was finally, I think, about five ten. For our family, that was practically giant-sized.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...