Sunday, February 04, 2024

Saturday

Walked the mile plus to Telephone Road, then bused to the Urbane Cafe to meet Diane for lunch. We both had the delicious salmon bowl, plus, of course, our usual talk marathon. I conveyed the news about my dear brother, Frank, then we veered into other topics, including immortality, my new Ralph Lauren coat, and the worsening problems around the world. I gave D. two lemons and some of these: 

I tried them only once and it's hard to tell if they work or not. I go through cycles of good sleep/bad sleep and luckily, have been in the "good" realm lately. I'll check later with Diane.

After we parted, Diane's bus going in one direction, mine in the other, I sat at the stop waiting for mine, got impatient, so walked for a bit. Got to the Target shopping center and hopped the bus from there. Stopped at Von's on the way home for tomatoes and pretzels. As I hadn't slept well the night before, I napped from 5:00 to 6:00.

Mike Messaged me at 7:00 while I was having dinner. It was Sunday for him and he was driving to leave something off at his office. He showed me the complex of three very large and modern office buildings.  

The big news around here is rain. The deluge is supposed to start today and continue on heavily until at least Wednesday. Whether all the brouhaha is justified is the question. However, Noreen and I had made the movie date for Poor Things for tomorrow and we may or may not be able to keep it. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...