Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday

Did the usual Sunday morning stuff, then jumped in the shower and dressed. When I went out to get the bus, I was delighted to see--rather, to feel--that the weather had reversed itself. Chilly for days, it had turned wonderfully warm and sunny, to 70 or close to it. Bussed to town and met Stella after her usual  twelve o'clock mass at the mission. We lunched at Immigrant Son, an Italian place and one we both really like. Stella invited me to a charity affair for the homeless and I'll look into it:

Had a good, long, talkative lunch--the place closes at 3:00 and that's when we had to leave--then I walked Stella back to her car and took the bus home. When I got there, I found this at my door:


It was accompanied by a note from my two best friends saying the bouquet is in memory of Frank, my dear brother and their uncle. I called to thank them and after that, I was able to cry a little, which was a relief. 

Lunch with Rosa today--she'll pick me  up--then I have three days off. I'm actually looking forward to a a hiatus from activity so I can catch up before the hearing aid thing on Friday and hosting the little dinner party on Saturday.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...