Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Monday

Cloudy, cool, and it even rained, so it was an unpleasant day, right? Wrong, it was great! Went to the Boatyard Pub at Ventura Harbor for fish tacos and talked and talked and talked, openly and with no subterfuge to one of the few people I can do that with. I was out for four hours, then went home to try to bring my TV back--in some form, anyway, but with no luck.

Diane emailed that she had lost her key on the way home and had to pay $150 to a locksmith to have another made. I was absolutely stunned. She lives in an apartment house; management must have duplicate keys for all units. That's probably a law, but also, it makes no sense that they wouldn't. What if there's an emergency or if the place needs to be entered when residents aren't home? If something needs to be done at my place when I'll be out, management calls to ask permission to enter. They certainly don't have to ask me to be there. 

Julie called to ask for Rosa's phone number. She had met her at one of the BCNN groups, and thought she'd see her when the group met next. Now she's not able to go and she didn't want Rosa to think she's blow her off. Good--I told her how much I like Rosa and I think we three will sit together at the monthly meeting next Wednesday. 

Going to the audiologist today--again--and hope to finally resolve this hearing aid thing before too long. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...