Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Monday

Keyboard down again; won't type. Must get new one, and will on Friday.  Ordered bookcase, but spent an hour on phone. I did clean up a few other items.

Rosa picked me up out at 1;00 and we went to Lure for lunch. Talked and talked on every topic under the sun, then strolled down Main for a bit. I skipped the sand dabs (which I found out is actually flounder) in favor of the rockfish, which was very good, too. Didn't get home until 4:30.

Suzanne is back from San  Diego, where she and her brother, Glenn, celebrated their birthdays, his 64th, her 76th. I met Glenn when he visited several years ago; he's an a "concierge" general practitioner in Encinitas, near San Diego, and an enthusiastic surfer:

>
I thought the legend on the birthday cake was very cute:
(Soppe is, of course, their last name--it's German.)

For the first time in a while, I spent a restless night. I was able to stay in bed until 4:30, about my usual time to get up, then discovered I had forgotten turn the heat off. No wonder I tossed and turned. No scheduled activities for the next few days and I welcome the hiatus.

💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Pat's niece, Amy, posted this picture of her Uncle Pat, acting as godfather to her in 1960. I never saw it before and was thrilled to get it. He was 29 and we were two years married:

💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...