Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Tuesday

Met Diane for lunch by the library at noon. Incredibly, we didn't break up until 5:00. Yes, we sat and talked for five hours. About what? Everything under the sun: present activities, family, people we knew, the past (childhood, early married live, and how much alcohol is in wine opposed to beer, travel, our various aches and pains, BCNN groups, and more). I said I'd go to Happy Hour next week, but I'm not sure if I will; it starts at 4:00 and I have rehearsal at 7:00. Hm...maybe I can swing it.

A few minutes after I walked in the door, Suzanne stopped over. Vickie's birthday is on the seventeenth and S. wants to have something for her--possibly a dessert. We checked over my rehearsal schedule and she'll figure out a day when I'm not booked. 

Something rather amusing came up: Larry called me to ask if I had any knowledge of a $69.95 continuing fee from Spirit Airlines for membership in "The Club." (This is where you get special treatment before your flight, with food and drink, a comfy place to wait, and so on.)  He noticed it on his credit card and when he called Spirit, they mentioned my name. We decided it must have to do when, three years ago, Larry (who has thousands of bonus miles) insisted on paying for my airline ticket when I visited. He gave me his credit card number and, presumably, that's how my name came up. I think I may have experienced "The Club," but I certainly wouldn't have added it without his urging. I was going to use this blog to investigate, but Larry called again to say they had refunded the amount. Crazy world. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...