Thursday, July 27, 2023

Wednesday

 Pretty busy. I took my cart over to Von's in the morning for milk, beer, veggies, and so on. Stopped at Aurion after to discuss my printer problem with Tyler. Said if I couldn't get the wire in the other port, I'd bring it to him today. I couldn't and I will.

Diane asked if we could meet at Urbane Cafe instead of near the library for lunch and fine by me. We did, at our usual noon, and proceeded to talk for a good three hours (we always have a lot to talk about). When we parted, I walked down to Barnes & Noble and got two of the puzzle books I like. Also got a new password book, as my old one is full of cross-outs. 

Took the 11 to the transit center and the 6 home. I was walking up to my door when my cousin from Cincinnati, Marifran, called. We talked for more than an hour, mostly about her mentally ill mother and the alcoholism in the extended family. I got a chicken thigh out of the fridge during our chat and was able to oil and season it, then put it in the oven, all while on the phone with Marifran. Had it for dinner--the chicken, not Marifran 😁--along with julienned onions, and it was good.

I emailed Connie that I would be Anke DeJong on Sunday, the twentieth, at the Maritime Museum's Art Comes Alive . This year, I'll do it only once, as we open on the eighteenth and have a performance that night. Speaking of excursions: the BCNN dinner tonight at the Blue Agave and Julie will pick me up.

I've posted photos of Ventnor, often the beach at sunrise, so thought I'd give equal time to Ventura. Clearly, this was taken from the pier and it shows what's called Surfer's Point. The largest building is the Crowne Plaza Hotel, where I've often had lunch:


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...