Saturday, July 01, 2023

Full Friday

T.O.P.S.: Incredibly, I was the biggest loser, so collected the big five-dollar (actually, four-dollar, because I contributed one myself) prize. How much did I lose? Something like a fourth of pound, but the others all gained. I conducted the meeting, if you can call it that and made short work of it. Weirdly, my home scale said I had gained an unbelievable 3.6 to 131.2, but at T., I was 129.8.  

Home by 9:30, had my breakfast, packed my lunch, and walked to Telephone to get the 11 bus to east Ventura. I dropped my donations off at Goodwill, then met Diane at the park and we had lunch.Of course, we sat and talked for several hours, breaking up about 3:00. Bused to the transit center and from there home, stopping at Von's for cherries and Blue Moon. 

I noticed that the patio needed some sweeping and trimming, so did that. Also changed the birdies' food and water, and generally straightened up out there. I'm concerned about my geranium, which seems to be sick or something. I took a picture and will see if I can find out on-line what the problem is and how to treat it.

                                              

Stella called with a cockamamie story about the picture I had modified for her. She had taken it to Ojai Business center to have it enlarged and printed and was told I'd have to send the file there. I wasn't too confident about whether I understood what was needed, but told Stella I'd see what I can do. As it turned out, it was fairly simple--hope I did it right. 

Mike sent via Messenger the following pictures of Violet and him at the airport, about to leave. Yes, they go first class. Don't know if I like the beard--he looks like an old guy! And I don't know how Violet finds her way around with the hair covering her eyes. But no matter--they'll be here TODAY! 


 

2 comments:

Pat said...

First class. Why not? If one can afford it...may as well be comfortable. Enjoy their visit.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. Actually, I think Mike gets first class because of his many miles flown related to his job.

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...