Saturday, July 08, 2023

Friday

For once in my life, I skipped T.O.P.S.; called Cheryl to tell her not to pick me up. I just felt like catching up with ordinary life, so shoot me. 

I stripped the bed, washed whites, then a color load before breakfast. Cleaned up a bit and did various mundane chores, then went over to Von's for bread. Great Clips is right next door and impulsively (I'm nothing if not impulsive), I stopped in and got a trim. It's not great, but looks okay.

After lunch, I bused to town; bought myself a blouse and a pair of jeans. On my return trip, I got off at the Loma Vista Road location of The Market for blueberries, mushrooms, and tomatoes.

Home, I prepared the carrots I had bought the other day at the Ojai farmers market. Just scrubbed and trimmed them, added some chopped onions, seasoning, and olive oil, and popped them in the oven. Had them for dinner with chicken and a sweet potato. 

Ellen called and we made arrangements for today: I'll bus to her place, we'll have lunch, then the six of us (or five if Greg has other plans) will have chicken on the barbeque for dinner. I'll then take the Access Van home. On Sunday, Mike leaves to go back to Singapore after taking Violet to camp. He'll be back to pick her up at the end of the month. 

I swept Suzanne's and my shared front walk (she does it most of the time), deadheaded the geraniums, and puttered around overwise. Jumped in the shower, washed my newly trimmed hair, and settled down after a quiet, but satisfying day. 

I love this picture, which somebody put on Facebook. It's the Ventnor beach from the ocean, an unusual vantage point: 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...