Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Monday

Ellen got here at 10:30 and off we went to Wal-Mart. We both got a fair amount of stuff, then went back to my place to stow the butter, and heavy cream. Hill Street Cafe was next; I had a delicious "Classic Cheeseburger" (surely not T.O.P.S. type food, but ever so good) and an 805 beer, El a salmon bowl and iced tea. We sat on the patio, which was nice except for a large, somewhat loud party near by.

Home, and El found out how to run DVDs on the laptop; for some reason, I couldn't get them to work. She then researched hearing aids for me. I have a slight (to me, anyway) loss, so thought I'd try the OTC route and ordered one. We'll see how it works; should get it today. I should have gotten my new air fryer on Sunday, too, but it hasn't come yet. A third "coming soon" item is--are--the hundred "forever" stamps I ordered on-line at a considerable discount. I was puzzled as to why the government allows a private company--and I believe this is a foreign one--to profit on something supported by tax dollars.  Then I remembered how many the billions spent on warfare goes to Halliburton and its ilk.

I've gotten some feedback--or whatever you call it--from several men on a dating site, but now that I have, I don't see any I really want to pursue. For one thing, several live a distance away and for another, they're all younger than I am. I expected that and can deal with four or five years younger, but ten or fifteen? No, that's too much of an age gap. We'll see what--if anything--happens now.  

Rehearsal went well. Jeff, who wrote our play, After All This Time, was there and we were "upstairs" part of the time, as another play was being staged. I was pleased to see that Ben W., the young guy who walked from here to Georgia a few months ago, was directing that one. Here's Ben in Area 22 , in which we both appeared last September: 

No rehearsal tonight. Will make the strawberry buckle and serve it next door at Suzanne's while we celebrate Vickie's sixty-sixth.   

Mea culpa moment: I wish I hadn't mocked Ken in a previous post. We seemed to have a closer fellow feeling on the way home last evening and chatted and laughed together. It occured to me that I'm much too hard on others, maybe especially older men.  Should I erase? No, that seems false, but I hereby acknowledge I shouldn't have and will try not to in the future. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...